Tuesday, April 5, 2011

JoAnn Mayo - Dan’s Mom

Mothers generally think their children are somewhere between perfect and extraordinary, so it has been a great comfort to know that so many of his friends think he was special too.

Dan visited his dad and me frequently, shared his music finds, and never left without a hug and “I love you” to each of us. We have been blessed to have him as our son.

It is also a comfort to me that he lived fully, and knew the joy of giving to others. Many people have had many more years and a lot less life than Dan. I am thankful that he was in control of what he did to the end, and did not have to endure some long debilitating illness.

Dan was a tissue donor, so someone will regain their sight as his last gift. I like to think of him living on in that way, and I hope whoever the recipient is will get more than clearer vision, maybe a little of that extra something he seemed to see.

Again, thank you to everyone who supported us during this sad time, and thank you for being his friend. We will be extending our thanks in other ways as well, but I wanted to be sure we reach everyone.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment