Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kathy Haverkamp & BJ Haverkamp

I am reaching out to you with warmest thoughts and care in the loss of Dan. I wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you and your DSS family. I know that Dan is a part of you and everyone there and always will be. I am feeling a great sadness with you and will miss him so much. He has always been a part of my life and my son, BJ's and always will be. BJ holds Dan in his heart as the greatest mentor of his life. I feel so honored that he is a part of my life, so am trying very hard to deal with the pain of him being gone and at the same time feeling honored that he became a part of my life and will always be there. Dan's never ending ability to give to us will stay with us, his witty nature and non-conforming ways as you said on your blog, will be our inspiration to continue our lives without his physical presence. So we have to continue that wonderful human nature of Dan's, in a loving honor of Dan, our memories of what a genuine man and friend is.

My son BJ is coming in from Chicago on Tuesday for Dan's celebration, we will be there. I had just seen Dan last week as we have always been in touch over all of these years. More so recently in the last 3 weeks, he has been a great support for me as my father is very ill and expected to pass any day. Dan was going to be looking after my apt and cat while I was away in Illinois when my father passes. Strange how life goes from day to day, the unexpected are the hardest on us that make us stop and look at ourselves to make sure we don't miss out on anything. Meaning take more time for what really are the most important things for us in this world.

I was told that you were seeking photos of Dan, I do have some. Most of them would be with some family things, but enough room in the photos that you could crop him out of them, some have some great faces he was capable of making. A few of him sleeping, crashed really, that conked out position with the head back on the couch, Dan. He had the ability to fall asleep anywhere. Then I have several of events we worked on together, beautiful of course. There are a few from past staff members at XS, those were the days. Just let me know if you would like to have them and I will get them to you Jeremy.

I am thinking of you Jeremy, my thoughts are with you. I know that Dan had the greatest respect for you and loved you very much. Let's all carry on his great memories and share his wit and life in the rest of our lives. Dan would want us to be happy, remembering him, laughing about him and learning from him. As his sister Debbie said, he would be annoyed by too many tears, he would want us to be happy and keep on living.

We will see you on Tuesday Jeremy, please do let me know if there is anything that I can do. My contact information is below for you. Warm hugs and thoughts are with you.


Love, Kathy Haverkamp & BJ Haverkamp

Design Coordinator
All Seasons Event Rental

No comments:

Post a Comment